Monday, November 30, 2020

28mm Droogs for Gang War

 

28mm Miniatures by Crooked Dice

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening..."

With that out of the way, allow me to present the Friendses by Crooked Dice
The miniatures are well cast, with good animation, and the heads are interchangeable. Just what's needed to deal out a few tolchoks and lashings of the old Ultra Violence. 

During my 1970s Gang War campaign, I found that I needed some hopped up 'Roid Gangers as random opponents, and I naturally thought of Little Alex and Co, a particularly nasty bit of business, yes? Only they needed some fire support, by way of a shotgun-toting little devotchka, modified from the Modern Heroes line, currently available from Lone Gunman Games.

Caveat Emptor: I haven't actually ordered anything from Lone Gunman Games - my set were had from eBay, and the seller (napthyme) shorted me a mini, so...there you have it. You have been advised.


28mm Miniatures by Crooked Dice and Lone Gunman Games

Admittedly, she does look pretty good in the mix. After she was finished, I was surprised to find a female padroog in the very first scene of "A Clockwork Orange", in the Korova Milk Bar, along the left-side screen, sitting with other white-clad droogs. She was also blonde, and had a black head wrap. 

The subconscious mind is an interesting thing. 



The new gang, who I'm thinking of calling the Drexel Hill Droogs, has already scrapped with the Africanus Agency on the West Boulevard, the subject for an upcoming post.

Viddy well, my brothers. Viddy well...Ω

4 comments:

Tom L said...

Nice. I just picked up this set and was wondering how to expand them. I will have to look for the female figure now.

kmfrye2001 said...

The same eBay seller who shorted me has them as a set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Modern-Heroes-miniatures-Set-2-MINT-28MM-New-releases/230455488419?hash=item35a837afa3:g:bVYAAOxyxU1Q9LqN

If you buy, just let them know you've been warned about their tendency for oversight, and won't tolerate hijinks, no matter who is currently "sick" at home.

KF

Simon Quinton said...

Great looking gang. Quite like the fire support addition as well painted up with the added shotgun fits in really well. If you check out Funky Skull Games they have a figure you could add in to expand these.

kmfrye2001 said...

Simon, those Funky Skull miniatures are excellent. Thanks very much for the tip.