Monday, December 16, 2019

I'm Talkin'bout...SHAFT! in 28mm

Miniatures by RAFM, Black Cat, and Copplestone
These figures presented herein were finished over Thanksgiving(US) weekend, only I haven't had me camera out for some good photies - and the table is cluttered with ongoing projects.

"Stay with the car, man, and guard those rims..."
These two (above) are part of the Copplestone Casting "Soul Section" - the third member was posted here. I liked the plain plaid pattern shown on Copplestone's website sample, and did my best to simulate it, to mixed effect, on the figure in the foreground.

Behind the Road Champs 1970 Chevy door, the second figure was a more straightforward paint job. The black leather jacket was underpainted light blue, and I'm pleased with the final result.

This pair will represent the Harwin Brothers, another freelance "Troubleshooter" team, sticking it to the Man and Cthulhu in equal portions. That last bit might go on their business cards as the motto.

"There's a monster behind you..."
"I know, but I'm losing the light..."
Finally, a RAFM Dimensional Shambler creeps up on the Black Cat Miniatures Photo Journalist. The Photo-guy paint-job is based on an old pic of George Lucas, circa "American Graffiti" with a bit more grey-white frosting that Lucas acquired later in life. Plus bluejeans, army vest and a lumberjack shirt.

For 7TV1 games, I'm planning on making photo-journalists non-player effects, giving them the ability to grant Audience Appreciation points to any Hero or Villian that starts the turn within 6" of them.  This is similar to 7TV2's treatment of TV Cameramen. Of course, Villains and Monsters will get VP for killing/incapacitating/munching Photographers, making it incumbent upon the Heroes to protect them....


2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

I love this set from Copplestone. I wash there was more to accompany it!

Tales of that not yet. said...

Very nice. Looks like alot of fun will be coming your way.